Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions 2018 GENESIS GOLF LINK CUP – SERIES 1 PROMOTION
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
2. The Promoter of this promotion is Golf Link Partners Pty Limited (ABN 95 081 497 154) of Level 7, 50 Berry Street North Sydney NSW 2060 ('Golf Link Partners').
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia who have a new/current and valid Golf Link Number (to obtain a Golf Link Number, individuals must be a member of an affiliated Golf Club). Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by Golf Link Partners to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion. Employees and the immediate families of Golf Link Partners and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. The Promotion commences at 12:00am AEDST on 23rd November 2017 and final entries close at 11.59pm AEST on 17th June 2018. The Promotion is divided into two (2) elements, the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw (as defined below) which commences at 12:00am AEDST on 23rd November 2017 and closes at 11:59pm AEDST on 15th January 2018 (‘Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw Entry Period’) and the Genesis Prize Draw (as defined below) which commences at 12:00am AEDST on 23rd November 2017 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on 17th June 2018 (‘Genesis Prize Draw Entry Period‘).
Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw
5. To be eligible to enter the Play Your Way To LA Prize Draw, individuals who are not existing participants of the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup must register to participate in the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup Series 1 during the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw Entry Period. To register individuals must visit www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au, follow the prompts to the online registration form, input the requested details, accept the Terms and Conditions and submit the fully completed registration form (‘New Members’). One (1) initial entry will be awarded to each New Member that registers to participate in the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup during the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw Entry Period (‘Registration Entry’). For the removal of doubt, existing eligible participants of the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup will already have their details registered with Golf Link Partners (‘Existing Members’). Should an Existing Member wish to participate in the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup, they are not able to register again and/or receive a Registration Entry, however, they will be eligible to earn Bonus Entries in accordance with Clause 6 below.
6. To earn Bonus Entries, New Members and Existing Members must refer their friends to register to participate in the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup during the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw Entry Period. To refer a friend, New Members must click on the link within their registration email (sent by the Promoter upon registering in accordance with Clause 5) directing them to the Refer a Friend Landing Page. Existing Members will be sent an email from the Promoter at the commencement of this promotion and Existing Members must also click on the link within the email from the Promoter directing them to the Refer a Friend Landing Page. New Members and Existing Members must follow the instructions provided on the Refer a Friend Landing Page including inviting their friends to register for the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup by forwarding their unique referral email URL (Unique URL”), provided to them by the Promoter. Each referred friend will then receive an email from the New Member/Existing Member inviting him or her to register. Each New Member/Existing Member will then receive one (1) Bonus Entry for each referred friend that successfully registers (via the New Member’s/Existing Member’s Unique URL) to participate in the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup in accordance with Clause 5 above. New and Existing Members warrant that each person that they refer is an Australian resident that would consent to receiving such emails from the New Member or Existing Member. Only friends that register via the Unique URL will be considered a successful friend referral. New Members/Existing Members may refer as many friends as they like, provided each referral is submitted separately and in accordance with the above instructions.
7. The Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw will take place at 3:00pm AEDST at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza 210 The Central Coast Highway Erina, NSW 2250 on 18th January 2018. The winner of Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw will be notified in writing by email within two (2) working days of the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw to the email address provided within their registration. The winner will be published on the Genesis Golf Link Cup website www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au on the 19th January 2018 and in the iSeekGolf newsletter issued on 19th January, 2018. In the event of an SA winner, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 23rd January, 2018.
8. The first valid entry drawn in the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw will win a trip for two (2) people to Los Angeles, USA for the Genesis Open at Riviera Golf Club valued at up to AUD $12,000depending on point of departure. Prize includes:
- 2 x Return Economy airfares from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Los Angeles, USA ;
- A total of six (6) nights twin share accommodation including:
- Two (2) nights at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
- Four (4) nights at the Ocean View Hotel, Santa Monica
- Private transfers (provided between LAX, San Diego, Santa Monica and back to LAX) or the full use of a Genesis during the trip (to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion);
- Two (2) games of golf for two (2) adults at Torrey Pines; and
- Two (2) days access at the Genesis Open at Riviera Country Club in the Bluffs Hospitality tent including selected food and beverages.
9. The use of the Hyundai Genesis car is subject to Hyundai standard terms and conditions in relation to test drives and similar arrangements. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner and driver if applicable signs any such document as Hyundai may require prior to accepting the prize (including but not limited to a deed of release and indemnity). The driver must have a current valid driver’s licence issued in an Australian State or Territory and meet any age requirements. The car must be collected and returned to the nearest authorised dealer as nominated by the Promoter. Any traffic infringements incurred during the loan period are the responsibility of the winner. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, including but not limited to, travel to and from the dealership and petrol as required are the responsibility of the winner.
10. Spending money, additional meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, passports, visas, vaccinations, transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Prize must be taken to coincide with the Genesis Open event at Riviera Golf Club with flights departing on Tuesday, 13th February 2018 and is subject to booking and flight availability. During the entire duration of the prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age. The winner and his/her companion are responsible for ensuring that they have valid passports, and any requisite visas, vaccinations and travel documentation. The winner and his/her companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
11. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
12. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
13. If a winner of the Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize by 24th January, 2018, the winner will forfeit the prize and an unclaimed draw will be conducted. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on 25th January, 2018 at the same time and place as the original Play Your Way to LA Prize Draw. The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) working days of the draw to the email address provided within their registration. The winner will be published on The Genesis Golf Link Cup website www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au on 2nd February, 2018 and in the iSeekGolf newsletter issued immediately after the draw. In the event of an SA winner, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 2nd February 2018.
Genesis Prize Draw
14. To receive one (1) entry into the Genesis Prize Draw, individuals that have registered in accordance with Clause 5 above must then during the Genesis Prize Draw Entry Period complete and submit their scores for at least six (6) rounds of eligible club competition golf in accordance with the official rules which can be found at https://www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au/terms-and-conditions/. Golf clubs must submit results to Golf Link Partners by 11.59pm AEST 20th June 2018. Golf rounds must be captured by the Golf Link database to be eligible, and only ‘Normal Scores’ will count towards a players’ six (6) rounds.
15. Maximum of one (1) entry per entrant is permitted into the Genesis Prize Draw.
16. The Genesis Prize Draw will take place at 3:00pm AEST on 21st June 2018, at Anisimoff Legal, Level 5, Erina Plaza 210 The Central Coast Highway Erina, NSW 2250. All valid entries received during the Genesis Prize Draw Entry Period are eligible for entry into the Genesis Prize Draw. The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) working days of the draw to the email address provided within their registration. The winner will be published on The Genesis Golf Link Cup website www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au on 2nd July 2018 and in the iSeekGolf newsletter issued immediately after the draw. In the event of an SA winner, their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 2nd July 2018.
17. The first valid entry drawn in the Genesis Prize Draw will win a Genesis G70, with automatic transmission, valued at (on the road) up to $58,000.00.
18. The prize includes all on road costs, 12 months registration in winner's state/territory of residence, 12 months 3rd party compulsory insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery. All optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance not stated, fuel, personal costs and all other ancillary or related costs are excluded. The colour of the Hyundai Genesis awarded will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and will be subject to availability. The winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable Hyundai Motor Company Australia to register the vehicle in the name of the winner prior to collection. Receipt of a prize vehicle is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the prize vehicle and comply with all registration and compulsory third-party insurance requirements of the state/territory in the winner's state/territory elects to register the prize vehicle. The prize vehicle will be available for collection from the dealership nominated by Hyundai Motor Company Australia near the winner's place of residence. Hyundai Motor Company Australia take no responsibility for any change in value. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. For more information about the prize, visit: http://www.hyundai.com.au/cars/luxury-cars/genesis.
19. If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration, on the winner's behalf. Golf Link Partners takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide Golf Link Partners with certified copies of all required documentation as required by Golf Link Partners before the car is awarded.
20. If a winner of the Genesis Prize Draw cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within three (3) months of the Genesis Prize Draw, the winner will forfeit the prize and an unclaimed draw will be conducted. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on 20th October 2018 at the same time and place as the original Genesis Prize Draw. The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) working days of the draw to the email address provided within their registration. The winner will be published on The Genesis Golf Link Cup website www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au on 1st November, 2018 and in the iSeekGolf newsletter issued immediately after the draw. In the event of an SA winner their name will also be published in The Advertiser on 1st November 2018.
21. It is a condition of accepting a prize, that the winner (or the winner's parent/legal guardian if the winner is under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by Golf Link Partners in its discretion. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner's behalf.
22. Golf Link Partners reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (as well as all records submitted for each entrant’s six (6) rounds of eligible club competition golf). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Golf Link Partner's discretion. Failure by Golf Link Partners to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Golf Link Partners reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
24. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, Golf Link Partners, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
25. Total prize pool value is up to $70,000. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize values are correct at time of printing and no responsibility is accepted for any subsequent change in content or value.
26. Golf Link Partners decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. Entrants consent to Golf Link Partners using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Golf Link Partners.
28. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees'). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Golf Link Partners (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Golf Link Partners (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Golf Link Partner’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Golf Link Partners) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Golf Link Partners; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the Genesis Open is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
31. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned however caused beyond the control of Golf Link Partners which affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, Golf Link Partners reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or to disqualify an entrant. Golf Link Partners may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
32. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into Golf Link Partners' database. Golf Link Partners is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, however caused. Golf Link Partners assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/19809. ACT Permit No. TP17/02368. SA Permit No. T17/2222
Rules and format of the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup, Series 1
- The 2018 Golf Link Cup Series 1 will run from 4 March 2018 to 17 June 2018.
- Players can register and join the competition at any point in the Series prior to 11:59pm June 3, 2018, and scores from and including the date of competition start in each Series will be eligible.
- For the removal of doubt, eligible participants of the 2016 Golf Link Cup will already have their details registered with Golf Link Partners. Should a participant from the 2017 Golf Link Cup wish to participate in the 2018 Golf Link Cup they are not required to register again.
The Genesis Golf Link Cup will be conducted across the following grades:
- A-Grade - GA Handicap of 12.4 and better,
- B-Grade - GA Handicap of 12.5-19.4 and
- C-Grade - GA Handicap of 19.5+.
- Players allocation to grades will be according to their GA Handicap as at the start date of each Series, regardless of their date of entry.
- The sum of a player's best 5 eligible scores and worst 1 eligible score as received by Golf Link in the course of regular competition play will become their final Golf Link Cup score in each series.
- Scores will be updated each evening of the competition.
- Any corrections to golfers’ scores made by the relevant club will be included if available for the update process each evening.
- GOLF Link does not take any responsibility for clubs uploading incorrect results. Golfers are responsible for bringing any score concerns to the attention of the relevant club.
- Golf Link Cup points will be based on the Z-scores for each Stableford score within a golf competition as received by GOLF Link. (The Z-score is the number of standard deviations the given score is away from the mean in the relevant competition). Golf Link Cup points for a competition will be the Z-score multiplied by 10,000.
- All competition scores are converted to Stableford by GOLF Link for the purpose of calculating Golf Link Cup points.
- For each competition GOLF Link will work out the average Stableford score and the standard deviation for that competition.
- GOLF Link will use extended decimal places to separate and order players as required.
- No Score Approved, Disqualified (DQ), Ad Hoc scores and Conforming Social Scores do not count towards players' scores.
- Whilst any competition field may be mixed gender, GOLF Link automatically calculates results for men and women separately. The minimum field size for an eligible competition for Golf Link Cup scores for men is 7 and for women is 7. This is regardless of the number of registered Golf Link Cup participants in the field.
- Any ties will be separated with the following method as required:
- Player with the lower exact handicap, then if still tied,
- Player with the better form over the Series. Form is the rolling average of a player's differentials across all rounds played and eligible in that Series.
Prizes for golf performance in each Series:
- Prizes valued at over $50,000 will be awarded at national, state and club level and overall, monthly and weekly. Final allocations of prizes will be published at the commencement of Series 2.
- Discount voucher prizes for a range of products and services will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place across A, B and C grade at club level on a weekly basis.
- Golfers under 18 years of age as at the date of entry are ineligible for any alcohol-related prize. Golf Link utilises the date of birth as recorded by registered players’ golf clubs to determine eligibility. Please contact your golf club regarding this recorded date of birth if concerned.
- Golfers are restricted by the rules of amateur status from winning any prizes of total value greater than $1200 in any one golf competition. Golfers are responsible for ensuring the sum value of prizes won in any golf competition and simultaneously on the same competition via the Golf Link Cup do not exceed the amateur status limit.
- To be eligible for prizes for golf performance, a golfer's home club must have at least 16 players registered for the Golf Link Cup.
The Genesis Golf Link Cup National Final
- The two best golfers by Golf Link Cup score in each Series in each of A-Grade, B-Grade and C-Grade will qualify for the Golf Link Cup final. The next two best female golfers regardless of grade will also qualify for the final. Golfers may qualify for the final regardless of the number of their fellow home club players registered for the Golf Link Cup. A golfer may only qualify for the final once; the next best relevant entrant will qualify for the final if this occurs.
- This will be a formal handicapped round, played with Stableford scoring. The first place getter in the final will win a replica of a perpetual trophy as well as have their name inscribed on a perpetual Golf Link Cup trophy. Grade winners of the Golf Link Cup will also receive a grade winner trophy. Golfers will play in grades according to their qualification grade.
- Competitors must play off a handicap no greater than 2 shots above their qualification handicap.
- Any competitor that has attended a Golf Link Cup National Final in the preceding two (2) years (2016 and 2017) will not be eligible to attend the National Final in 2018. Any competitor that has attended a National Final in the preceding two (2) years (2016 and 2017) will still be eligible for the weekly, monthly and series prizes.
- In registering for the Golf Link Cup golfers are also agreeing to allow GOLF Link to display their name, photographs and other content in the results, leaderboards and across the site and all communications as Golf Link deems appropriate.
- Provisional finalists and End of Series prize winners will have their Golf Link Cup scores and associated handicap and score history scrutinised at the conclusion of each competition Series. Any activity by a player that could result in a manipulation of the scorecard or handicap may render that player suspended from the relevant Series, which can result in removal from leaderboard, ineligibility for prizes and ineligibility to qualify for finals amongst other outcomes. In particular more than one NCR score returned in a registered golfer’s history during the course of a Series will cause close scrutiny. The discretion of Golf Link is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- GOLF Link reserves the right to change the rules, format, prizes and general competition conditions at any stage.
The Genesis Golf Link Cup Teams Competition Rules
- The teams competition is open to all players registered in the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup.
- A valid team consists of 6 or more players, with at least 6 players having played at least one scoring round during Series 2.
- A team's total score will be calculated if the team is 'valid' as described above; the caluculation is the sum of the teams' 5 best individual player's totals, and their 1 worst individual player's total.
- The Prize: The top team at the end of the series will receive 5 dozen Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls. Series 1 starts on March 4th and ends on June 17th, with scores received according to the general competition rules as listed in 'Rules and Format of the 2018 Genesis Golf Link Cup' above.
The GENESIS GOLF LINK CUP is approved for the payment of expenses Rule 4-2g/GA/4/2017