Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions 2017 GENESIS GOLF LINK CUP – SERIES 2 PROMOTION
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not complying with these Terms and Conditions is invalid.
- The Promoter of this promotion is Golf Link Partners Pty Limited (ABN 95 081 497 154) of Level 7, 50 Berry Street North Sydney NSW 2060 ('Golf Link Partners').
- Entry is open to residents of Australia who have a new/current and valid Golf Link Number (to obtain a Golf Link Number, individuals must be a member of an affiliated Golf Club). Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by Golf Link Partners to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion. Employees and the immediate families of Golf Link Partners and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
- The Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on 10th July 2017 and closes at 11.59pm AEDST on 5th November 2017. ('Promotional Period').
- To be eligible to enter, individuals must register to participate in the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup. To register individuals must visit www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au, follow the prompts to the online registration form, input the requested details, accept the Terms and Conditions and submit the fully completed registration form. Registrations for the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup Series 2 will open and will be accepted from 10th July 2017 through to 11:59pm AEDST on 22nd October 2017. For the removal of doubt, eligible participants of the 2016 Genesis Golf Link Cup Series 2 promotion and the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup Series 1 promotion will already have their details registered with Golf Link Partners. Should a participant from a previous series of the Genesis Golf Link Cup wish to participate in Series 2 of 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup, they are not required to register again.
- To receive one (1) entry into the draw, individuals that have registered in accordance with Clause 5 above must then during the Promotional Period complete and submit their scores for at least six (6) rounds of eligible club competition golf in accordance with the official rules which can be found at https://www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au/terms-and-conditions/. Golf clubs must submit results to Golf Link Partners by 11.59pm AEDST 7th November 2017. Golf rounds must be captured by the Golf Link database to be eligible, and only ‘Normal Scores’ will count towards a players’ six (6) rounds.
- Maximum of one (1) entry per entrant is permitted.
- The draw will take place at 3:00pm AEDST on 21st November 2017, at Anisimoff Legal, Suite 5, Erina Plaza 210 The Central Coast Highway Erina, NSW 2250. All valid entries received during the Promotional Period are eligible for entry into the draw. All valid entries received during the Promotional Period are eligible for entry into the draw (subject to their results being provided by the relevant golf club to Golf Link Partners by 11.59pm AEDST 7th November 2017). The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) working days of the draw to the email address provided within their registration. The winner will be published on The Genesis Golf Link Cup website www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au and the Golf Link Partners Pty Ltd newsletter on 5th December 2017.
- The first valid entry drawn will win a 2016 Hyundai Genesis, with automatic transmission, valued at (on the road) up to $67,856.79.
- The prize includes all on road costs, 12 months registration in winner's state/territory of residence, 12 months 3rd party compulsory insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery. All optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance not stated, fuel, personal costs and all other ancillary or related costs are excluded. The colour of the Hyundai Genesis awarded will be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and will be subject to availability. The winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable Hyundai Motor Company Australia to register the vehicle in the name of the winner prior to collection. Receipt of a prize vehicle is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the prize vehicle and comply with all registration and compulsory third-party insurance requirements of the state/territory in the winner's state/territory elects to register the prize vehicle. The prize vehicle will be available for collection from the dealership nominated by Hyundai Motor Company Australia near the winner's place of residence. Hyundai Motor Company Australia take no responsibility for any change in value. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. For more information about the prize, visit: http://www.hyundai.com.au/cars/luxury-cars/genesis.
- If the winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration, on the winner's behalf. Golf Link Partners takes no responsibility for any such arrangements between the winner and the assignee. The winner must provide Golf Link Partners with certified copies of all required documentation as required by Golf Link Partners before the car is awarded.
- If a winner of the Genesis Prize Draw cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within three (3) months of the draw, the winner will forfeit the prize and an unclaimed draw will be conducted. The unclaimed prize draw will take place on 21st February 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw. The winner will be notified in writing by email within two (2) working days of the draw to the email address provided within their registration. The winner will be published on, The Genesis Golf Link Cup website www.genesisgolflinkcup.com.au, in the Golf Link Partners newsletter and in The Australian newspaper on 7th March 2018.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize, that the winner (or the winner's parent/legal guardian if the winner is under the age of 18) may be required to sign a legal release in a form to be determined by Golf Link Partners in its discretion. If the winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner's behalf.
- Golf Link Partners reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (as well as all records submitted for each entrant’s six (6) rounds of eligible club competition golf). The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at Golf Link Partner's discretion. Failure by Golf Link Partners to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, Golf Link Partners reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- If the prize is unavailable, Golf Link Partners, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- Total prize pool value is up to AUD$67,856.79. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize value is correct at time of printing and no responsibility is accepted for any subsequent change in content or value.
- Golf Link Partners decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants consent to Golf Link Partners using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by Golf Link Partners.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees'). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Golf Link Partners (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Golf Link Partners (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Golf Link Partner’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by Golf Link Partners) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Golf Link Partners; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned however caused beyond the control of Golf Link Partners which affects the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, Golf Link Partners reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or to disqualify an entrant. Golf Link Partners may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into Golf Link Partners' database. Golf Link Partners is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, however caused. Golf Link Partners assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/15293. ACT Permit No. TP17/01183. SA Permit No. T17/1132
Rules and format of the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup, Series 2
- The 2017 Golf Link Cup Series 2 will run from 24 July 2017 to 5 November 2017. The Golf Link Cup Final will be played in Sydney on 24 November 2017.
- Players can register and join the competition at any point in the Series prior to 11:59pm October 15, 2017, and scores from and including the date of competition start in each Series will be eligible. Scores from Series 1 are not eligible for Series 2.
- For the removal of doubt, eligible participants of the 2016 Golf Link Cup will already have their details registered with Golf Link Partners. Should a participant from the 2016 Golf Link Cup wish to participate in the 2017 Golf Link Cup they are not required to register again.
The Genesis Golf Link Cup will be conducted across the following grades:
- A-Grade - GA Handicap of 12.4 and better,
- B-Grade - GA Handicap of 12.5-19.4 and
- C-Grade - GA Handicap of 19.5+.
- Players allocation to grades will be according to their GA Handicap as at the start date of each Series, regardless of their date of entry.
- The sum of a player's best 5 eligible scores and worst 1 eligible score as received by Golf Link in the course of regular competition play will become their final Golf Link Cup score in each series.
- Scores will be updated each evening of the competition.
- Any corrections to golfers’ scores made by the relevant club will be included if available for the update process each evening.
- GOLF Link does not take any responsibility for clubs uploading incorrect results. Golfers are responsible for bringing any score concerns to the attention of the relevant club. Note that score alterations may not be accepted after 3 August 2016 for Series 1, and 3 November 2016 for Series 2.
- Golf Link Cup points will be based on the Z-scores for each Stableford score within a golf competition as received by GOLF Link. (The Z-score is the number of standard deviations the given score is away from the mean in the relevant competition). Golf Link Cup points for a competition will be the Z-score multiplied by 10,000.
- All competition scores are converted to Stableford by GOLF Link for the purpose of calculating Golf Link Cup points.
- For each competition GOLF Link will work out the average Stableford score and the standard deviation for that competition.
- GOLF Link will use extended decimal places to separate and order players as required.
- No Score Approved, Disqualified (DQ), Ad Hoc scores and Conforming Social Scores do not count towards players' scores.
- Whilst any competition field may be mixed gender, GOLF Link automatically calculates results for men and women separately. The minimum field size for an eligible competition for Golf Link Cup scores for men is 7 and for women is 7. This is regardless of the number of registered Golf Link Cup participants in the field.
- Any ties will be separated with the following method as required:
- Player with the lower exact handicap, then if still tied,
- Player with the better form over the Series. Form is the rolling average of a player's differentials across all rounds played and eligible in that Series.
Prizes for golf performance in each Series:
- Prizes valued at over $50,000 will be awarded at national, state and club level and overall, monthly and weekly. Final allocations of prizes will be published at the commencement of Series 2.
- Discount voucher prizes for a range of products and services will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place across A, B and C grade at club level on a weekly basis.
- Golfers under 18 years of age as at the date of entry are ineligible for any alcohol-related prize. Golf Link utilises the date of birth as recorded by registered players’ golf clubs to determine eligibility. Please contact your golf club regarding this recorded date of birth if concerned.
- Golfers are restricted by the rules of amateur status from winning any prizes of total value greater than $1200 in any one golf competition. Golfers are responsible for ensuring the sum value of prizes won in any golf competition and simultaneously on the same competition via the Golf Link Cup do not exceed the amateur status limit.
- To be eligible for prizes for golf performance, a golfer's home club must have at least 16 players registered for the Golf Link Cup.
The Genesis Golf Link Cup National Final
- The two best golfers by Golf Link Cup score in each Series in each of A-Grade, B-Grade and C-Grade will qualify for the Golf Link Cup final. The next two best female golfers regardless of grade will also qualify for the final. Golfers may qualify for the final regardless of the number of their fellow home club players registered for the Golf Link Cup. A golfer may only qualify for the final once; the next best relevant entrant will qualify for the final if this occurs.
- The final will be on 24 November 2017. This will be a formal handicapped round, played with Stableford scoring. The first place getter in the final will win a replica of a perpetual trophy as well as have their name inscribed on a perpetual Golf Link Cup trophy. Grade winners of the Golf Link Cup will also receive a grade winner trophy. Golfers will play in grades according to their GA Handicap as at the date of the final.
- Any competitor that has attended a Golf Link Cup National Final in the preceding two (2) years (2015 and 2016) will not be eligible to attend the National Final in 2017. Any competitor that has attended a National Final in the preceding two (2) years (2015 and 2016) will still be eligible for the weekly, monthly and series prizes.
- In registering for the Golf Link Cup golfers are also agreeing to allow GOLF Link to display their name, photographs and other content in the results, leaderboards and across the site and all communications as Golf Link deems appropriate.
- Provisional finalists and End of Series prize winners will have their Golf Link Cup scores and associated handicap and score history scrutinised at the conclusion of each competition Series. Any activity by a player that could result in a manipulation of the scorecard or handicap may render that player suspended from the relevant Series, which can result in removal from leaderboard, ineligibility for prizes and ineligibility to qualify for finals amongst other outcomes. In particular more than one NCR score returned in a registered golfer’s history during the course of a Series will cause close scrutiny. The discretion of Golf Link is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- GOLF Link reserves the right to change the rules, format, prizes and general competition conditions at any stage.
The Genesis Golf Link Cup Teams Competition Rules
- The teams competition is open to all players registered in the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup.
- A valid team consists of 6 or more players, with at least 6 players having played at least one scoring round during Series 2.
- A team's total score will be calculated if the team is 'valid' as described above; the caluculation is the sum of the teams' 5 best individual player's totals, and their 1 worst individual player's total.
- The Prize: The top team at the end of the series will receive 5 dozen Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls. Series 2 starts on July 24th and ends on November 5th, with scores received according to the general competition rules as listed in 'Rules and Format of the 2017 Genesis Golf Link Cup' above.
The GENESIS GOLF LINK CUP is approved for the payment of expenses Rule 4-2g/GA/4/2017